Birth Place: Bombay
Languages: Hindi, English
Hobbies: Watching TVFamily Background
Father's Name: Om Prakash
Mother's Name: Meeta
Spouse: Sajid Nadiadwala
Film Background (Filmography)
Debut Film: VishwatmaFamous Movies: Shatranj, Rang, Kshatriya, Andha Insaaf, Tholi Muddhu, Geet, Dil Aashna Hai, Dushman Zamana, Balwaan, Deewana, Vishwatma, Shola Aur Shabnam, Dil Ka Kya Kasoor, Dharma Kshetram, Dil Hi To Hai, Rowdy Alludu, Bobbili Raja
Other Facts: Was discovered by direcctor Kirti Kumar around 1988 in a Mumbai Video Library
Divya Bharti's (born 25 February 1974, died 5 April 1993) real name was Divya Om Prakash Bharti. Her mother's name was Meeta and father was Om Prakash. She was married to Sajid Nadiadwala, a Hindi film producer from 1992 until her death.
She recieved a FilmFare Award (1992) for Fresh New Face.She starred in 18 films. She made her debut at the age of 16 in a South Indian film called Bobbili Raja (1990) made by Gopal B. This movie was dubbed in Hindi as Rampur ka Raja.
Her Hindi films included [[Deewana],Vishwatma,Shola Aur Shabnam and Dil Ka Kya Kasoor.
The actress slipped and fell from the window-sill of her husband's fifth floor flat at Tulsi Apartments in Versova (Mumbai) early on the morning of April 5. Apparently, she was drunk. Many believe she was murdered because she knew too much.
She was well loved for her childlike behaviour and the almost angelic quality of her face.
Plenty of histrionics followed her death. Her husband was admitted to Copper Hospital after he collapsed on hearing of her death. He fainted again after lighting her funeral pyre. Her father suffered a mild heart attack after he heard of her death.
Sajid Nadiadwala is suspected to have underworld links and has come under the scanner several times. In 2005 he was fighting allegations of underworld links once again after his film ‘Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega’ was listed as one of the films financed by Abu Salem. He is a close friend of the controversial Salman Khan.
Nadiadwala is also a distant cousin of actress Tabu. After Divya's death a romance developed between the two and at one point she was seriously contemplating marrying him.
Nadiadwala is now married to Warda Khan and the couple have a son called Shubhaan.
About 500 people attended the funeral of the then youngest heroine of the silver screen, including Anil Kapoor, Amrish Puri, Raj Babbar, Yash Chopra, Jimmy Nirula, Sudhakar Bokade, Mukesh Duggal, Raza murad, Vikas Anand, Ram Mohan, Javed Khan, Raj Kanwar, Nitin Manmohan and Pehlaj Nehlani, maker of her first hit, Shola aur Shabnam.
A large number of film personalities, including Hema Malini, Karishma Kapoor, Sangeeta Bijlani, Chandni, Manisha Koirala and Asha Parekh, offered condolences to the bereaved family members at their residence.
At the time of her death she was meant to do films including. Mohra, Laadla
Jump to filmography as: Actress, Thanks, Archive Footage
Actress:1. Shatranj (1993) .... Renu
2. Rang (1993) .... Kajal Malhotra
3. Kshatriya (1993) .... Tanvi Singh (Ganga Singh's daughter)
4. Andha Insaaf (1993)
5. Tholi Muddhu (1993)
6. Geet (1992) (as Divya Bharti) .... Neha
7. Dil Aashna Hai (...The Heart Knows) (1992) (as Divya Bharti) .... Laila/Sitara
8. Dushman Zamana (1992)
9. Balwaan (1992) .... Priya
10. Deewana (1992) .... Kaajal
11. Jaan Se Pyaara (1992) .... Sharmila
12. Vishwatma (1992) .... Kusum
13. Shola Aur Shabnam (1992) .... Divya Thapa
14. Dil Ka Kya Kasoor (1992) .... Seema/Shalini Saxena
15. Dharma Kshetram (1992) .... Balakrishna
16. Dil Hi To Hai (1992) .... Bharati
17. Rowdy Alludu (1991)
18. Bobbili Raja (1990) .... Heroine
1. Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega... (2000) (in fond memory of)
2. Jeet (1996) (in fond memory of)
3. Andolan (1995) (in fond memory of)
4. Rang (1993) (in memory of)
1. Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega... (2000) .... Herself
2. Jeet (1996) .... Herself (dedication)
3. Andolan (1995) .... Herself - Dedication